Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) Dupont Circle: Prince of Petworth checks up on Komi's expansion next door and discovers to everyone's delight that it has progressed nicely: walls have been painted, tables and stools are in place and it all looks good. And almost complete. Update: As this here post was being written, PoP updated that the expansion is indeed complete and has been doing some previews of six or seven course meals served family-style. [PLYWOOD]
2) Shirlington: Craigslist ads reveal that Del Ray shop Cheesetique is now hiring for the new location soon to open in Shirlington. [PLYWOOD]
3) Shaw: Prince of Petworth catches a liquor license application for a bar named All Souls on T Street. There will be American food and drinks, but, sorry, no nude entertainment. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
4) Georgetown: In a direct challenge to Georgetown's cupcake domination, a place called Pie Sisters is setting up shop near the Key Bridge. Game on. [PLYWOOD]
5) Rosslyn: More froyo for Arlington in the form of an IceBerry, whose sign ARLnow spots in a window in the Colonial Village Shopping Center. But there doesn't appear to be any building permit up yet. [PLYWOOD]
Komi [Photo: Corbo E./Yelp]