Banana Leaves restaurant has closed after a weekend fire caused about $200,000 in damage. According to the DC Fire and EMS, a fire broke out at the pan-Asian restaurant at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, caused by a malfunctioning gas water heater. Fortunately, the restaurant was closed at the time so there were no injuries. Prince of Petworth has the photos of blown-out windows. There's no information yet on whether they'll reopen.
· DC Fire and EMS [Twitter]
· Banana Leaves [Official Site]
Banana Leaves [Photo: Michael G./Yelp]