Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? We're all ears.
1) Adams Morgan: DCist gets an early look inside Jack Rose, the newest endeavor from Bourbon's Bill Thomas. Judging from the pictures, construction seems pretty far along for this restaurant with the 52-foot-long bar, a roof deck and a scotch room complete with a fireplace. [PLYWOOD]
2) Mt. Pleasant: Thrillist reports that Last Exit, the speakeasy opening in Tonic's basement, is set to soft open this weekend. Click through for details on the menu. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) Arlington: Taqueria Poblano is apparently opening up a third Virginia location soon on Columbia Pike, according to ARLnow, who has pictures of the "coming soon" sign. [PLYWOOD]
4) U Street: A PoP reader spots a new restaurant permit on the window of the Velvet Lounge's neighbor. No details yet. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) McPherson Square: And, finally, PoP also notes a liquor license application for new downtown restaurant called Maddy's Tap Room, offering American fare and sidewalk seating. [PLYWOOD]
Taqueria Poblano [Photo: Justin C./Yelp]