Stefanelli Wins Taste Of The Nation's Master Chef Showdown
- Bibiana's Nick Stefanelli comes away with the win! And $5,000 for Share Our Strength.
- Taste of the Nation was held in the beautiful National Building Museum.
- Share Our Strength co-founder Debbie Shore says a few words during the showdown.
- Victor Albisu made a roulade with roasted red pepper.
- PS 7s Peter Smith cooked with a bum arm â€” and finished first.
- Seven seconds left and Stefanelli is still plating!
- Hosting the Master Chef Showdown were the Washington Post's Bonnie Benwick and Tim Carman, Erin Hartigan from Tasting Table and TOTN chef chair RJ Cooper.
- Nick Stefanelli, Victor Albisu and Peter Smith wait for emcee Nycci Nellis to announce the winner...
- Close to 100 local restaurants participated in the 2011 Taste of the Nation.
- Belga Cafe brought their own "food truck" instead of a plain, old table like everyone else.
- Mixologists aplenty were on hand.
- Large crowds gathered around the VOLT/Graffiato tables to get a glimpse of Top Chefs Bryan Voltaggio and Mike Isabella.
- Georgetown Cupcake was in the house.
- Pinkberry had a popular table.
- A silent auction featured tasting dinners donated by restaurants like Rogue 24 and Kushi, baseball tickets and more.
- A photo booth was on hand for all the boozy pictures one could want.
- Hardly any couch space to be found by the end of the evening.