SAX Lounge & Restaurant Opening Friday With Live Cabaret
- SAX's main focal point is a 20-foot enclosed infinity stage that will feature cabaret performers throughout the evening.
- Reclaimed church doors lead the way into the lounge. Several of SAX's design elements come from Baltimore's Second Chance.
- The reception area.
- There's seating for nine at the bar, which serves elaborate cocktails involving liquid nitrogen and edible flowers.
- Rather than the usual bottle service, they've got packages of minibar spirits to mix and match.
- 160 rolls of gold leaf were used in the making of SAX.
- Tufted damask banquettes provide seating for up to 150.
- The infinity stage sits above the bar. SAX has its own dance troupe, led by choreographer Hillary Wright.
- Seating on two levels.
- Nine chandeliers and 30 sconces add glitz to the lounge, all antique refurbishments.
- More balcony seating.
- SAX offers a more private lounge area on the second floor with purple velvet banquettes
- A smaller bar serves patrons seated on the second floor.
- Risque and allegorical murals lining the stairwells in SAX provide commentary on various modern-day political and religious scandals.