A fire broke out in the kitchen of Capitol Hill's iconic Tune Inn this morning. According to the DC Fire and EMS Twitter feed, the fire was accidental and caused no injuries. They describe the damage to the building as moderate — still about $75,000 worth, though. The Capitol Hill bar has been around pretty much forever, and Ward 6 Councilmember Tommy Wells reports that it'll stay that way: While visiting the scene, he tweeted that the fire was contained to the kitchen thanks to some alert staff members and that the bar should reopen in a couple of months.
· DC Fire and EMS [Twitter]
Tune Inn [Photo: Twitter]