News of the third DC-area restaurant fire in eight days comes this afternoon from Clarendon Patch, who reports that a kitchen fire broke out in the duct work of the Delhi Club this morning. The restaurant's manager says the fire started after a light bulb explosion — presumably in the hood over the stove, judging from an assistant fire marshal's comments. The fire marshal also tells Patch that the restaurant had "a lot of violations."
Meanwhile, some of the smoke from the fire spread to the neighboring Hard Times Cafe, but there doesn't seem to be any real damage there. When reached by phone, the restaurant said they should be back open tonight.
· Kitchen Fire Damages Clarendon Restaurant [Clarendon Patch]