Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) Bloomingdale: Prince of Petworth gets a peek at the construction inside Bloomingdale's forthcoming Boundary Stone, which is shooting for a fall opening. He also gets a preliminary menu, which seems pretty standard bar fare but with the added twist of a DC Brau chicken sandwich. [PLYWOOD]
2) Atlas District: More growth for the Atlas District with today's news from H Street Great Street that a place called Hikari Sushi and Sake Bar is heading to the neighborhood. Renovations are already underway. [PLYWOOD]
3) Columbia Heights: The people from DC Reynolds send Prince of Petworth a photo of their newly finished patio paved with the DC flag. The bar will open sometime in the fall. [PLYWOOD]
4) Columbia Heights: New Columbia Heights catches some signage for the Z-Burger coming to Tivoli that claims to be opening in Summer 2011. Tick tock, Z-Burger. [PLYWOOD]
5) Clarendon: Construction is underway at the Trader Joe's headed to Highland Street. ARLnow gets notice that there will be eight weeks of elevator-related construction starting this week on the parking garage next door to the building. [PLYWOOD]
6) Rosslyn: ARLnow also sees a now-hiring sign in the window at the future location of Ray's Hell Burger 3 and says interior construction looks just about complete. The liquor license application is also processing. [PLYWOOD]
DC Reynolds [Photo: Facebook]