Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) Crystal City: DC Metrocentric takes a look inside Good Stuff Eatery's Crystal City location and reports back that the "interior is framed out with utilities work well underway," which means a spring opening is indeed possible. [PLYWOOD]
2) Clarendon: A Craigslist ad reveals that not only is national gelato chain Paciugo Gelato & Caffe hiring managers and scoopers for their new location on Wilson Boulevard, but also that it aims to open in March. [PLYWOOD]
3) Downtown: The Washington Business Journal reports that The Wine Specialist hopes to open its doors downtown next week. You might have guessed this store will be selling wine. [PLYWOOD]
4) Arlington: ARLnow writes that the very first retail tenant at the 3800 Lofts building in Cherrydale will be... wait for it... Subway. [PLYWOOD]
5) Adams Morgan: Prince of Petworth talks to the new owners of the 18th Street space formerly known as Jumbo Slices and Kabob. Though the English/Japanese language barrier preventing him from getting too much information, note that it will not be a jumbo slice spot and it probably will be "a Ramen/Japanese style restaurant." [PRE-PLYWOOD]
Good Stuff Eatery Crystal City [Photo: Facebook]