Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Petworth: Prince of Petworth reports on his own 'hood, sharing that the owners of The Blaguard plan to open a bistro and beer garden at 3911 Georgia Ave, NW. Best Bites Blog follows up for more details; partners Blaine King, Nic Makris and Elizabeth Makris are planning comfort food like steak frites, plus some unique touches such as paella. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Downtown: PoP also spots a liquor license for Catch 15 Oyster Bar that says the space will feature "occasional flamingo dancers" (here's hoping —or not— they mean "flamenco"). The restaurant at 1518 K St. NW will serve oysters and small plates. [PLYWOOD]
3) Ballston: ArlNow hears that Wich Wich Sandwich Shop is moving into 4300 Wilson Blvd., where The Daily Grind recently closed. The chain is aiming to open sometime next year. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5. Adams Morgan: Cafe Arte will replace Pitazzi at 1824 Columbia Road NW, PoP says. The tagline: Dance—Coffee—Art. [PLYWOOD]
6. H Street: Frozen Tropics tweets a sign for a Manny & Olga's location at 1409 H St. NE. [PLYWOOD]
7. Dupont: A press release sheds some light on The Huxley, a nightclub opening at 1730 M St. NW. The 4,600 square foot nightclub will feature a ballroom and study, a massive golden chandelier and is from owners Ryan Seelbach (a Tao Group alumnus) and Eric Lund. They're predicting a mid-November opening. [PLYWOOD]
[Photo: Wich Wich]