Apparently yesterday was a big day in famous people eating at DC restaurants. The Source sends word of its unusual double-header yesterday — a lunchtime visit from LA-based celebrity chef Nobu Matsuhisa, followed by a dinnertime drop-in from New York's Michael White, who is soon to bring his Osteria Morini to The Yards. Plus, the Washingtonian reports that Vice President Joe Biden had dinner at Pete's Apizza's Friendship Heights location. For the curious, here are some details on them all:
1) Nobu Matsuhisa visited The Source with a party of seven for lunch — they ordered spicy tuna cones, the beet salad, the dumpling platter, duck bao buns, mai fun with crispy pork belly, Singapore street noodles with Kobe beef short ribs, drunken noodles with shrimp, plus the 15 layer carrot cake, the chocolate gateaux and the yuzu lime tart. Chef Scott Drewno tweeted, "Killer way to start the day, just cooked lunch for Nobu and his team!"
2) Michael White and his team are apparently in town to cook at the White House for the First Lady and staffers. They basically sampled the whole menu at The Source, ordering the tuna tartare, beet salad, tofu, octopus with chow fung, dumpling platter, whole fish, scallops crab fried rice, lacquered duck with bao buns, black bean short ribs, char shu, Singapore street noodles, chocolate soufflé, yuzu tart, and quince tasting.
3) Joe Biden took "his third recorded trip" to an outpost of local chain Pete's Apizza, according to the Washingtonian, which hears that Biden eats there all the time and his regular dish is the spaghetti pomodoro.
· Vice President Joe Biden Dines at Pete's Apizza [Washingtonian]
· All Coverage of The Source [-EDC-]
· All Coverage of Pete's Apizza [-EDC-]
[Photo: The Source]