The Bardo revival is starting to feel very real indeed. Co-owner Bill Stewart sends word that he has received liquor license approval for his Bardo Brewpub, and has submitted construction permits for the bar, slated for an empty lot at 1200 Bladensburg Rd. NE. The bar, a revival of Arlington institution Bardo (later named Dr. Dremo's), has been working for years to make a comeback, but the owner now has the land and most of the financing to pull it off. Here are some takeaways from Stewart, his construction plans and the bar's profile on indiegogo.
1) Construction on the project is slated start in December and a spring opening is planned, according to Stewart, providing all goes as scheduled.
2) The extensive outdoor area of the place will include fire-pits, an outdoor grill, cornhole, and the sandbox (a nod to the previous incarnation).
3) The building is to be made from shipping containers and the patio will contain 500 seats.
4) The owners have $300,000 in cash and $300,000 in brewing equipment already for the project. They're seeking $110,000 more on indigogo, and those dollars could lead to half-priced beer at the location.
5) Self-serve taps will be a major fixture of Bardo.
· Resurrections: Bardo Brewpub [-EDC-]
· Bardo Brewpub on indiegogo [indiegogo]
[Photo: Bardo Construction Plans]