When you've got an extra-long lunch break, or just want to sneak in a tipple before that afternoon meeting, head to one of these D.C. restaurants for boozy lunch specials. Most of the lunch deals we found focus on beer and wine rather than cocktails, but if you decide to order a gin and tonic instead of a wine around noon, Eater won't judge.
• Restaurant Eve's Lickity Split lounge lunch menu offers two items for $14.98. One of the courses can be a drink, and current choices are a glass of red or white wine or The Bittersweet cocktail, made with Todd Thrasher's vermouth, Bombay gin, and cherry bitters. The menu, which includes dishes like pork belly rillettes with cornmeal fried pickles, an Irish bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, and a miniature birthday cake, is available from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• At Jaleo D.C., the almuerzo rapido lunch special is $31 per person and includes a glass of sangria. Choose from three dishes to share, such as patatas bravas, pan con tomate y Manchego, or a Spanish omelet.
• BlackSalt Fish Market & Restaurant has a Lunch Break menu, from which you can order three items for $18 or four items for $23. Start with a glass of house red, white, or sparkling wine, or a pint of Brooklyn lager. Food choices include a baby arugula salad with lemongrass-almond vinaigrette, feta, and dried cranberries, mussels with garlic, shallots, tomatoes, and lemon, and a chocolate truffle cake. The menu is available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
• At Poste Moderne Brasserie, you can get a free beer, glass of wine, or soft drink with the purchase of a burger. The deal is available Monday through Friday 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. in the bar area. You can also skip the drink and get a bag of cookies to go.
• At Bibiana, the $15 lunch special includes a glass of wine, a pasta dish, and sorbet. Choose pasta like black spaghetti with crab or beef and pork-filled tortellini, then pair it with a wine like San Pietro Pinot Grigio Trentino 2010. The deal is available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
• At Proof, the Lunch Crush menu includes your choice of one of five entrees (such as the shrimp burger, tuna nicoise salad, or penne with lamb ragu), and a glass of wine. The deal is $14 and available Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.– 2 p.m.
• Go big at the Source, where you can get a three-course menu with wine pairings for $45. Dishes include chicken dumplings, soy glazed salmon salad, and a yuzu tart. It's available 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• 701 Restaurant has a $15 lunch special at the bar/lounge that's available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. You'll get a glass of wine or soft drink and one dish, such as shrimp Caesar salad or a burger topped with prosciutto, aged provolone, and balsamic onions.
• Liberty Tavern's Burger and a Pint deal is a longtime lunch favorite. Choose from 3 burgers (in such styles as BBQ or "earthy" veggie burgers) and add a pint for just a couple bucks more. Specials range from $12-14.
[Photo: R. Lopez]