Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) K Street: Might we see Look, the new Icelandic-themed restaurant from the Teatro Goldoni team in the restaurant's former location, by the end of the year? The restaurant may open in December, if this sign can be believed. [PLYWOOD]
2) Arlington: It appears that a restaurant called Enjera will replace the now-shuttered Tagolio Pizzeria and Enoteca at 549 23rd Street S., according to ARLNOW. A restaurant with the same name was in the space some time ago, but it is unclear whether this new one has the same owners as the former Ethiopian spot. [PLYWOOD]
3) Mount Vernon Triangle: There's some construction progress on the Carving Room, a restaurant headed to 300 Massachusetts Ave. NW from owner Oded Weizmann. The Mount Vernon Triangle blog spots furniture in the space. [PLYWOOD]
4) U Street: Smucker Farms is hoping to sell beer and wine at its 14th Street location. PoPVille spies a liquor license application for the market. [POST-PLYWOOD]
5) DC: Looks like the True Food Kitchen team is still interested in the DC market, according to WTOP. The healthy restaurant preaches an anti-inflammatory diet and is co-founded by Andrew Weil, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. WBJ had a similar story back in March, though, so time will tell when a lease will be signed. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
6) Dupont Circle: Edgar Bar & Kitchen has a new opening date. According to a rep, the new restaurant slated for the Mayflower hotel will open its doors Dec. 21. [POST-PLYWOOD]
[Photo: R. Lopez]