Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Logan Circle: A new tavern called Street will come to 1326 T Street NW. PoPville spies a liquor license which promises live entertainment, a patio and a summer garden. [PLYWOOD]
2) Silver Spring: The owners of Pete's New Haven-Style APizza tell Patch that the Silver Spring outpost of the local restaurant group should be open by April. Those who have visited other incarnations of the restaurant should know what to expect. [PLYWOOD]
3) Downtown: The owners of a historic building at 740 15th Street want to put a major restaurant on the ground floor of the building, according to WBJ. No word yet on what tenants are being considered for the space, but it would have to be a big one, as the ground floor spans more than 10,000 square feet. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
4) U Street: PoPville says that Desta Hookah Bar and Lounge will open at 1930 9th St. NW, according to signage posted at the location. [PLYWOOD]
5) K Street: Look, the replacement to Teatro Goldoni, continues to inch along. Mike Neibauer reports that the Icelandic restaurant has gotten a building permit that will allow renovations to proceed at the site at 1909 K St. NW. [PLYWOOD]
6) Thomas Circle: Another outpost of West Wing Cafe will open at 1 Thomas Circle. The deli opened up not too long ago in the NoMa neighborhood, PoPville said. [PLYWOOD]