What makes an Eater article popular? An outrageous premise? Great quotes? The fact it's about a highly-anticipated restaurant? Or the presence of hot chef eye candy? In this year's case, all of the above. Below are the ten posts which generated the most reader traffic in 2012.
10. Marcel's Diners Rack Up $32,800 Check With $10K Tip
9. Hot Chefs Semifinal: McCormick, Goldian, Brannon, Miller
8. José Andrés Launches Pepe, His First DC Food Truck
7. A Roundup of DC's 16 Iconic Dive Bars
6. Inside Family Meal, Bryan Voltaggio's Sweet New Diner
5. Hot Chefs Final: Critchley vs. McCormick
4. Where To Find Wealthy, Attractive Republicans In D.C.
3. Washington, DC's 12 Most Anticipated Fall Openings
2. Washington, DC's 20 Most Iconic Dishes
...and the most popular post of the year:
1. Maitre d' Adnane Kebaier on Accepting Cash and Avoiding Segregating the Dining Room at Marcel's