La Madeleine is opening in Tysons Corner in a new, bigger location between Lord & Taylor and Macys with a revamped design and menu. The store is expected to be a blueprint for future incarnations of the chain across the country. The opening is planned for Dec. 5. Here's how the new place will be different from previous incarnations of the French restaurant, which has several locations in the region.
· Orders will all be delivered to the table, and guests order from one location instead of various points along the cafeteria line.
· Vertical digital menus are designed to streamline the ordering process.
· The kitchen has been updated to a modular style that's supposed to make it easier for cooks to move between stations.
· The decor has been updated with a more open floor plan and lighter colors.
· The pastry kitchen is done in an open, theater-style so that guests can watch the cooks create pastries, do chocolate sculpting, etc.
Cafes featuring the new design will open next year in Annapolis and Silver Spring. Local firm StreetSense worked with the company on the new design.
· All Previous La Madeleine Coverage [-EDC-]