Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Mount Vernon Triangle: Young and Hungry reports that the restaurant bound for 917 5th St. NW is going to be from Shaw's Tavern general manager Reza Akhavan, and it will focus on farm-to-table cooking. He's still figuring out a name and a chef for the place. [PLYWOOD]
2) Penn Quarter: The Yo! Sushi and Panera opening at 801 7th St. NW are both under construction, according to the 42 Bus. [PLYWOOD]
3) Arlington: Twisted Vines, the Columbia Pike wine bar, will be adding a coffee and espresso bar to its offerings come late- November, according to this craigslist ad seeking baristas. [POST-PLYWOOD]
4) Crofton: Food truck Cupcake Blvd., which operates in Silver Spring, will open up a storefront in Crofton come Dec. 15, according to Patch. [PLYWOOD]
5) NE: WBJ's Mike Neibauer spots a bunch of permits for Union Market tenants, some of which are for stands that are now open: Salt & Sundry, Endless Summer, Buffalo & Bergen, Co-Co Sala and Red Apron. [PLYWOOD, POST-PLYWOOD]
Twisted Vines [Photo: columbia-pike.org]