Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) Dupont Circle: Prince of Petworth hears that G Street Food is moving into the space that was once home to Jonathan's Gourmet, which a commenter speculates could be the expansion of G Street Food in the Farragut West area. [PLYWOOD]
3) Atlas District: Frozen Tropics reports that The Casbah has applied for a liquor license on H Street NE, with plans to serve Indian and Pakistani food in the 16-seat spot with a summer garden and potential for live music. [PLYWOOD]
4) Pentagon City: ARLnow learns that Chipotle is moving into Pentagon City Mall's food court, replacing the cheesesteak place. [PLYWOOD]
5) U Street: The City Paper gets some details on Izakaya Seki, the Japanese restaurant moving into V Street. It'll have a small bar with an open kitchen on the lower level and a dining room upstairs. There won't be sushi or ramen, but there will be noodles and sashimi. The opening, though, is still a moving target. [PLYWOOD]
6) Dupont Circle: The Washingtonian checks in on the New Orleans Po Boy Shop headed to 19th Street and discovers a potential launch date of early April. The spot also has only 15 seats, one for each variety of sandwich, but also a seasonal patio.
G Street Food [Photo: @caitdouglas/Twitter]