Food & Wine has announced their nominees for the People's Best New Chef competition, in which readers vote online for the winner. And, of course, several DC-area chefs have been nominated in the Mid-Atlantic region. Both David Guas (Bayou Bakery) and Nick Stefanelli (Bibiana) are repeat nominees from last year — a year in which Birch & Barley's Kyle Bailey took the Mid-Atlantic title. But a few more local chefs join them on the list for 2012. Here they are:
· Christopher Edwards: The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm, Lovettsville, Virginia
· David Guas: Bayou Bakery, Arlington, Virginia
· Mike Isabella: Graffiato, Washington, DC
· Karen Nicolas: Equinox, Washington, DC
· Nicholas Stefanelli: Bibiana, Washington, DC
You've got until March 11 to vote for your favorite of these local chefs — and keep in mind that they'll be eligible for Food & Wine's editor-curated Best New Chef awards. As we know, Baltimore's Chris Ford (formerly of Rogue 24 and Trummer's on Main) won the People's Best New Pastry Chef title just a few weeks ago, so that bodes well for our local chefs this time around.