Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) Woodley Park: Things are moving right along at Cafe Sorriso, the spinoff of Cleveland Park restaurant Sorriso. Prince of Petworth learns that they're now hiring and has an early look inside — check out those bright yellow chairs. [PLYWOOD]
2) Clarendon: ARLnow has a rendering for Clarendon's longtime forthcoming Bronx Pizza, which has still not begun construction. Looks like your standard pizza place, though there are some black-and-white photos of what looks to be famous New Yorkers above the pizza bar. [PLYWOOD]
3) Clarendon: Also in Clarendon, ARLnow hears that a former Delaware-based coffee and wine shop shop Oby Lee Coffee Roastery is opening a location on Washington Boulevard. Apparently, it "will serve wine from its Italian estate vineyard, as well as charcuterie, tapas dishes, and espresso and coffee roasted on-site" and hopes to open this summer [PLYWOOD]
4) Silver Spring: The Washington Business Journal reports on the opening of Society Lounge in Silver Spring, owned by former professional basketball player Jason Miskiri. The Georgia Avenue restaurant offers "Caribbean-American fusion food." [POST-PLYWOOD]
5) Brookland: Prince of Petworth gets word that the folks running Menomale have signed a voluntary agreement with their ANC agreeing not to serve alcohol between 2 and 5 p.m on school days, meaning they're that much closer to a liquor license. [PLYWOOD]
6) U Street: An Eater tipster saw a worker "running pipe or electrical conduit at 11th and V St" at the forthcoming Izakaya Seki. [PLYWOOD]