Should the news of Casa Nonna's impending shutter be proving a little bit depressing, here's the Washingtonian's Anna Spiegel with some great news: Union Market has revealed a killer lineup of restaurants, bars and gourmet shops on their way to the development. These include:
· Gina Chersevani is opening a soda shop "with boozy takes on classics like egg creams and malts."
· Red Apron Butchery (and their previously mentioned processing facility)
· Peregrine Espresso
· Oh Pickles!
· DC Empanadas brick-and-mortar
· TaKorean brick-and-mortar
· Lyon Bakery
· Trickling Springs Creamery
· A cheese shop from Carolyn Stromberg of The Cheese Course
· Rappahannock Oyster Co.
There's also word that well-known Washington food writer Amanda McClements of Metrocurean will be opening a home store at Union Market, but as she later tweeted, perhaps it's not a done deal: "Hold your horses, folks. I have no news regarding a new venture. Hope to one day bring an idea to life & am exploring options. Stay tuned."
Anyway, hot damn. That's a great start for Union Market — and the Washingtonian reports that there's still another couple dozen businesses yet to be unveiled. And, of course, these will join whatever the Union Market is planning to do with the old Capital City Diner. We'll keep you posted.
· Gina Chersevani, Amanda McClements, Rappahannock Oyster Co. Sign On at Union Market [The Washingtonian]
· All Previous Union Market Coverage [-EDC-]