Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Let us know.
1) U Street: The City Paper discovers that super popular Arlington food truck Tacos El Chilango is opening a brick-and-mortar location near U Street at what was going to become the Italiano Cafe space. Opening in as soon as a month, it'll have tacos enchiladas, pozole soup and more. [PLYWOOD]
2) Bethesda: The Washington Post has it that Jeffrey Yu, the son of Hollywood East's owner, is opening a spot named Dumpling Dojo in the Westfield Montgomery Mall by July 1. After that? A doughnut shop. [PLYWOOD]
3) Mt. Vernon Square: The Triangle spots signage for Wiseguy NY Pizza at Mass Court. [PLYWOOD]
4) Georgetown: The Post learned a couple months ago that the Connecticut-Copperthite Pie Company was going to be resurrected in Georgetown and now the City Paper gets some more details. It will be named Shut Your Pie Hole and it's still finalizing a lease. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) Downtown: Northern Virginia Magazine gets the scoop on two DC leases that Black Lime Mediterranean Cafe has signed in downtown DC — at 14th and K and 18th and L street intersections. Black Lime is "fast-casual falafel." [PRE-PLYWOOD]
6) Falls Church: The Washington Business Journal reports on new businesses coming to the Falls Church Spectrum: Moby Dick's House of Kabob, Bedazzled and Sweet Frog. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
Tacos El Chilango [Photo: Corbo E./Yelp]