Potenza Chef de Cuisine Stephen Hartzell Shares His Ink
- "I got the saffron flower because I cook and the bumblebee because I’m a huge Blind Melon fan. The quote 'No timeframe' comes from their song 'Sleepy House.'"
- "I got this when I moved to Denver in 2004 for a fresh start. It’s a statue of an Egyptian scarab with a live one breaking out of it. It’s about regeneration and resurrection."
- Together with the next picture, the King and Queen of Hearts: "The last name is Hartzell and I’m a bit of a romantic. This shows that there’s a thin line between love and hate, but love comes out on top."
- "I just knew that I didn’t want to do a nautical star. I just wanted a shining light."
- "This was inspired by reading a Tom Robbins’ Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, which had several interesting quotes about cranes in it."
- "This is a Japanese plum blossom, which is winter flower. The tree produces a fruit called ume."
- "I’m a cat person; always have been. It’s easy to be a cat person in this business, because you can work 14 hours and go out afterwards without worrying. My cat’s got a bowl of food and a clean litter box, so I can go blow off some steam."
- "We talked about doing a samurai wrestling a koi, but the artist couldn’t do the level of detail I wanted on the warrior, so this is what happened instead."