Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Penn Quarter: Prince of Petworth has the scoop that White Apron will open a specialty sandwich shop in Penn Quarter, not all that far from the storefront that Neighborhood Restaurant Group-owned Red Apron has taken over. They're definitely not affiliated, but White Apron appears to be offering things like "garlic-punchy bean paste," "creamy-smooth hummus" and "cool, tangy tzatziki." [PLYWOOD]
2) Bethesda: The Washington Business Journal reports that Roti has signed yet another new lease, this time in Bethesda's Westlake Crossing Shopping Center. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
3) College Park: Speaking of Roti, they send word that their College Park restaurant will open on August 22. As usual, they're giving away free lunch for a year, for which you can find a sign-up form here. [PLYWOOD]
4) Arlington: ARLnow has it that Burger 7 is opening a location in Arlington's old Chickpeas space, offering its "gourmet" burgers, french fries, onion rings, handspun shakes and "grass-fed all-beef hot dogs." [PLYWOOD]
5) Shaw: The Washingtonian has an update on the Bistro Bohem expansion that will double the tiny restaurant's space. Apparently it should open by August and will serve as a café during the day — with open-faced sandwiches and the like — then a formal dining room at night. [PLYWOOD]
6) Downtown: Prince of Petworth spies a liquor license for Roc Bar, headed to the old Reserve space near the Post Pub and serving "grilled foods, chicken, burgers, and salads." [PLYWOOD]
Roti's downtown DC location prior to opening last year [Photo: Facebook]