Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
Daikaya [Photo: Facebook]
1) Chinatown: The folks behind Daikaya got their own first look inside the space that will become a noodle shop and izakaya over the coming months, posting to Facebook that work on the building's interior will begin soon. [PLYWOOD]
2) Farragut Square: The City Paper reports that Amorini Panini is opening a second location in an old Quizno's space near Farragut Square. It'll have sidewalk seating and apparently owner Matt Gray is in the process of turning this into a regional franchise. [PLYWOOD]
3) Potomac: The Washingtonian has it that industry vets Valerie and Rick Dugan are launching their first solo operation the Grilled Oyster Company later this very month. Set in the Cabin John Shopping Center, the restaurant will be Chesapeake-themed with grilled oysters, lots of crab, fresh fish and more. [PLYWOOD]
4) Tysons Corner: DC Internationalist spots some signage up for a Paul Bakery location at the Tysons Galleria. Apparently they're looking for a manager, but there's no word on when it will reopen. [PLYWOOD]
5) Purcellville: Looks like Purcellville is the latest to get an outpost of the Wine Kitchen, according to the Loudoun Times. The restaurant and wine bar is spreading out from its popular outposts in Leesburg and Frederick to add a new location at the Purcellville Gateway development. [PLYWOOD]