Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Clarendon: ARLnow reports that the old Restaurant 3 space has a new tenant in La Tagliatella, an Italian restaurant chain that's based in Spain. This would be one of the chain's first US locations, along with one headed to Atlanta. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Cleveland Park: Prince of Petworth reveals via Craigslist the new tenant of the Cleveland Park Ireland's Four Fields: the Uptown Tap House. Apparently it will offer "a sophisticated selection of locally inspired seafood dishes, house specialty prime rib and an expedition raw bar complemented by an upscale beverage program along with legendary service." [PLYWOOD]
3) Chevy Chase: Patch hears that Mi Cocina is moving into the former M Cafe space in the Collection at Chevy Chase, bringing with it a menu full of standard Tex-Mex dishes. It should open in March 2013. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
4) Arlington: Another Chipotle is headed to Arlington, this time in the Lee Heights shopping center, according to ARLnow. Plywood is up and they hope to open on October 16. [PLYWOOD]
5) Shaw: DCmud has it that FroZenYo is infiltrating the Howard University campus with a location of self-serve froyo in the Wonder Plaza near the bookstore. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
6) H Street: The folks behind Le Chat Noir in Friendship Heights are getting set to open up their new French restaurant Le Grenier on H Street, per Frozen Tropics, who learns from Margaret Holwill that the final inspection has been completed and they hope to open on August 17. [POST-PLYWOOD]
La Tagliatella [Photo: Official Site]