Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Falls Church: A restaurant called the Caribbean Plate is opening up in Falls Church at 133 E. Annandale Road. The shopping center, which is being redone after a fire destroyed such tenants as the Lebanese Butcher, includes a Dunkin Donuts location that just opened. Items such as quesadillas and charcoal chicken are on the menu. No opening date yet for the Caribbean place, but they're currently hiring. [PLYWOOD]
2) H Street: Mike Neibauer spots a permit application for Little Miss Whiskey's. They're applying to get a rear deck and summer garden installed. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) Georgetown: Also from WBJ: a permit to begin construction for the ShopHouse location headed to 2805 M St. NW. Chipotle's Asian concept will operate its second U.S. location in Georgetown. [PLYWOOD]
4) Woodbridge: Bahama Breeze is now in the hiring phase. The restaurant is one of several new ones opening up at the Potomac Mills outlets. [POST-PLYWOOD]
5) Penn Quarter: Fuel Pizza has applied for permission to open an outdoor patio, PoPville reports. The patio will seat 22 people. [POST-PLYWOOD]