Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Columbia Heights: Hilltop Restaurant and Bar is coming to the vacant building at Girard and Sherman Ave, NW, PoPville reports. The restaurant's owners have a few connections to U Street bar The Saloon, and Hilltop will specialize in German beer and casual American food. [PLYWOOD]
2) Logan Circle: Borderstan has some details on Compass Rose, the restaurant from Rose Previte and NPR's David Greene. The tavern will serve global foods, wines, beers and liquors at 1346 T St. NW. The restaurant should open by summer. [PLYWOOD]
3) Georgetown: Patch has an update on the Eno Wine Bar coming to the Four Seasons. The Chicago-based wine bar concept is targeting a May opening. [PLYWOOD]
4) Downtown: Paul Bakery just signed a lease at 555 13th St. NW. The bakery's real estate brokers, Miller Walker, tell Eater that the restaurant will be about 2,400 square feet in size; an opening will likely come by fall. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) Gaithersburg: A restaurant called Chicken Out the Door is opening at the Shady Grove Development Park, CityBizList reports. This is basically the revamped version of the former Chicken Out chain, which filed for bankruptcy protection awhile back. [PLYWOOD]
[Photo: A Paul Bakery location]