Black is Back. His Merrifield project may not be happening, but that doesn't mean Jeff Black isn't keeping up his empire-builder status. The restaurateur (also an investor in Victor Albisu's upcoming Del Campo) now has his sights set on Takoma Park.
Tom Sietsema reports that Black will open a still-unnamed restaurant at 6937-6939 Laurel Ave. Details are pretty slim, but here's what he says:
· The American restaurant will include a dining room, two drinking locations, a patio, live entertainment and a raw bar.
· Black Restaurant Group chef Danny Wells, a Takoma Park native, will head up the kitchen.
· There will be plenty of vegetarian options, which should go over well in the People's Republic of Takoma Park, as it's often jokingly called.
· GTM Architects is doing the design.
· Expect a fall opening.
Takoma Park is seeing more and more young families move there, and the neighborhood lacks chef driven restaurants, so it'll be interesting to see if other restaurateurs follow in Black's footsteps.
· Jeff Black Plants a Restaurant Stake in Takoma Park [WaPo]
· All Previous Jeff Black Coverage [-EDC-]