1) Ballston: Protein Bar opens its Ballston restaurant today, which is the second location in the DC area. The restaurant has a bigger seating area than the Penn Quarter location, with menu boards and booths. Founder Matt Matros would like to open additional locations in the region, with an eye on Foggy Bottom. A downtown location is coming later this year. The restaurant has free wi-fi, so it may end up competing with the nearby Starbucks. The first 50 people in line for lunch today will get a free bar-rito. Status: Opening today. 800 N. Glebe Road; website.
2) Barracks Row: Tash House of Kabob, a new restaurant from the owners of Nooshi, had its soft opening this week. PoPville took a tour a couple weeks ago, and the space features a lot of wood accents and mosaic-style wallpaper. Status: Softly open. 524 8th Street, SE; no website yet.
3) Del Ray: The wholesale portion of M.E. Swing Coffee Roasters has opened in Del Ray, according to Patch. It'll be a few more months before the adjoining coffeehouse opens, though. Status: Partially open. 501 E. Monroe Ave.; website.
4) West End: Flavors of India has opened in the former Marshall's Bar & Grille space, PoPville reports. The Indian restaurant has a pretty wide delivery region. Status: Certified open. 2524 L Street, NW; website.
5) Clarendon: Irish Pub O'Sullivan's is reopening after being closed for a few months for renovations. The restaurant has expanded to include the space next door, ARLNOW reports. That portion has been converted into a whiskey bar. Status: Re-opened. 3207 Washington Blvd.; website.
6) Bethesda: Brickside Food & Drink, from the owners of Villa Mozart, opens tonight in Bethesda, Tom Sietsema reveals in his weekly chat. The American restaurant is designed to have a Prohibition-era feel. Status: Opening tonight. 4866 Cordell Ave.; website.