Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Shaw: The owners of retail store GoodWood plan to turn a portion of their carriage house on 10th St. NW into a supper club and events space, according to PoPville. No details yet on the name or the chef. [PLYWOOD]
2) Ballston: The Protein Bar location headed for Glebe Road is hiring staff, according to this craigslist ad. [PLYWOOD]
3) Gaithersburg: A combination Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins location is coming to Gaithersburg, according to this craigslist ad. The store will be on Woodfield Road and open in March. [PLYWOOD]
4) Del Ray: The planning commission has cleared a hurdle for Emma's, a coffeehouse and wine bar, to open on Hume Street in Del Ray, Patch reports. [PLYWOOD]
5) Arlington: The Z-Burger headed to Virginia Square should open within the month at 3325 Wilson Blvd. Patch has some photos of the location, now under construction. [PLYWOOD]