Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Mount Vernon Triangle: One step closer to a Ray's concept returning to CityVista. Check out the signage in the window, which says, "Coming Soon Another Ray's Joint to Serve You!!!". [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Brookland: Potbelly has signed a lease for the Monroe Street Market development, according to retail broker Jeff Edlestein. The sandwich chain will likely sign two more leases in DC this year. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
3) Shaw: Details are pretty vague, but PoPville reports the space that used to house Italy Pizza at 634 Florida Ave. NW will house a different pizza tenant soon. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
4) Bethesda: Robert Dyer shares the news that Tyber Bierhaus will replace the shuttered breastaurant Box Bar & Grill at 7525 Old Georgetown Road. It'll be a beer-centric location. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) Northeast: Add another restaurant to the Rhode Island Row lineup. WBJ spots a permit for a Jersey Mike's sandwich shop at 2300 Washington Place NE, Unit 102S. [PLYWOOD]
[Photo: Amy McKeever/Eater.com]