For some restaurants, shutdown deals were limited to a happy hour special or two for the first day of the craziness. But other places are sticking to their guns and plan to offer cheaper wine, booze and food options for the entirety of the government shutdown. Hopefully the stalemate won't drag on forever, but in the meantime, here are those deals that are still going on the city.
Eater will continue to update this list throughout the day, so shoot us a note if your restaurant is offering a new deal or extending an existing one.
· Granville Moore's is offering $1 Stellas until the shutdown is over.
· Smucker Farms is offering 10 percent off purchases to government employees during the shutdown.
· Hill Country Barbecue is offering happy hour specials all day to those with a government ID, including $3 PBRs, $20 margarita pitchers and more.
· Trummer's on Main is offering half off on all wines by the glass, beer and cocktails during happy hour (5-7 p.m.) for government workers during the shutdown. Deal not valid on Saturdays.
· All patrons at Posto can get a $10 ravioli special or a $5 glass of wine during the shutdown. Update: The restaurant will offer the deal in the bar area only.
· Menchie's Frozen Yogurt is giving government workers 20 percent off orders of yogurt.
· Taylor Gourmet is offering a 10 percent discount to furloughed workers on any hoagie or salad (free cookie, too).
· Carmine's is offering the restaurant's private rooms free of charge to the leaders of Congress and President Obama if they need to hammer out an agreement over spaghetti. They've also got an Olive Branch cocktail at the bar for $12.
· Urbana's Happy Hour will be extended by one hour for every day the government is shut down, which means it's now going all night. This week, the restaurant will discount its margherita pizza by $1 for every additional night of the shutdown. Monday night it's at $8 and it can go as low as $4 (the restaurant is closed Thursday for an event).
· Jose Andres Tweets, "A free sandwich on me, people furloughed, btwn 3-5 pm, everyday until it's over." There are sandwich deals at Jaleo, Oyamel and Zaytinya.
· Ten percent off soups and salads at Soupergirl for government employees.
· The Coupe has extended happy hour for all, including 50 cent deals from 2-8 p.m.
· La Tasca is pricing sangria pitchers at $20 all day until the government reopens.
· Nando's Peri-Peri is offering happy hour all day and all week to all customers.
· Sister bars Teddy & the Bully Bar and Lincoln each have drink specials. Lincoln is offering the Fillibuster Punch with kumquat-infused cachaca, spiced rum and roibos tea ($42, serves 4-6). At Teddy's, the Shutdown Cider is spiked with pisco and five spice powder ($11).
· Osteria Marzano is offering several shutdown specials during happy hour for government employees, including 50 percent off pizzas, $3 draft beers and $4 house liquors.
· MXDC is offering $6 margaritas and $6 taco platters during the shutdown.
· The DNV rooftop will have happy hour specials all night during the shutdown on weekdays.
· Thomas Foolery is extending its Angry Hour promotion ($1 off drinks IF you order in an angry voice) to 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the shutdown.
· Mr. Yogato is offering 25 percent off all yogurt purchases from 12-7.
· Cork Market is offering 10 percent off to those with government IDs, while Cork Wine Bar is offering happy hour pricing on wine all night. Cork Market also has a $10 lunch special for government workers which includes a sandwich, chips and Pelligrino.
· Family Meal has free pot pie fritters available during the shutdown.
· Asia Nine is giving federal employees 10 percent off their checks during the shutdown.
· Cashion's Eat Place will offer happy hour pricing on wines, beers and appetizers to government employees during every day of the shutdown.
· Hollywood East Cafe is offering 15 percent off checks for those with a government ID.
· Free brewery tours for government employees at Flying Dog in Frederick.
· Free pulled pork sandwiches for government employees at Pork Barrel BBQ, but Congressmen are excluded.
· Buy a Hamburger Deluxe at P.J. Clarke's and get a free beer with government ID.
· A government ID gets you 40 percent off menu items and $3 beer at Piola.
· GBD is extending happy hour until 8 p.m. with fun beer pricing. $4 Avery Duguana Imperial IPA for $3 for those feeling "hoppy" about the shutdown, for instance.
· Mmm, Shutdown Nachos. Mango Mike's is offering a free order of nachos or quesadillas to furloughed employees.
· Clyde's of Georgetown is offering several happy hour discounts during the shutdown, while the Chevy Chase location is giving government workers 20 percent off their check (not including any lobster specials ordered).
· No pricing listed, but BGR Tweets it is offering The Box Set Monday-Friday, which includes a burger, fries and a soft drink, during the shutdown.
· Cafe Deluxe and Tortilla Coast are offering happy hour deals at the bar.
· 1905 Bistro & Bar is offering a new Shutdown Special - available to everyone over 21 while supplies last - Artisanal sausage and 3 sides plus a beer for $15.
· Capital Lounge will continue giving a free draft to government workers on a daily basis as the shutdown goes on.
· Art & Soul is continuing its shut down happy hour from 4-8 p.m. Second drink is on the house for those with a government ID.
· Del Campo offers happy hour to anyone with a government ID at the bar all night.
· Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken will offer a free doughnut with a purchase to federal employees.
· Busboys & Poets will offer drink specials such as a ginger rickey during the shutdown.
· Union Street Public House is offering 1/2 priced burgers and happy hour pricse all day with government ID in its taproom.
· $2 house wines and draft beers at Shaw's Tavern for government workers.
·Righteous Cheese is offering a free mini-pairing of Thornbridge Halcyon IPA and Montgomery's Cheddar to government workers on weekdays.
· Bandolero is serving $6 house margaritas and 2 for $5 tacos, and customers do not have to be government workers to participate.
· Dacha is offering free small Fru Kolsch beer drinks for all government employees with ID.
· It's $3 Furlough Fireballs at the Queen Vic.
· Maple in DC is giving government workers 15 percent off orders.
· Mate on K Street, Chi-Cha lounge and Guarapo are giving a 20 percent discount to government workers.
· Ceiba's happy hour will begin at 11:30 a.m. with $5 specialty cocktails. There is half-priced bar food available from 3-6.
· The Jefferson is still offering $2 Furlough Fries.
· Brasserie Beck is offering a $20 two-course lunch special and a $2 "Shot Down" drink (with bitters) during the shutdown.
· Retrospect Cafe is offering free drinks to government employees.
· Pulpo is giving 50 percent off alcohol and 3 items for $21; government ID not required (not available during weekend brunch).
· Austin Grill and American Tap Room are both offering happy hour specials all day in the bar area to government employees.
· LivingSocial's speakeasy is giving 10 percent off to government employees.
· Pound the Hill is giving half off wine bottles to government employees, as well as free coffee with a hot breakfast item.
· With a government ID, get a pizza and a beer for $10 at Custom Fuel.
· Glen's Garden Market buys government employees the first round this week, and drafts are $4 after that.
· Radius Pizza is doing all night happy hour all week.
· Government workers get happy hour all night at Ripple.
· Chix is offering 50 percent off for government employees.
· Del Frisco's Grille is offering a cocktail called The Furlough with Old Grand Dad Bourbon, lemon sour, pumpkin spice and maple for $8. Add a half portion of cheesesteak egg rolls for another $5.
· Government employees can take advantage of $1 oysters at BLT Steak throughout the shutdown.
· Zest Bistro is offering happy hour drink prices and burgers all day, every day to federal employees during the shutdown.
· The Pig has a Yuengling and a burger deal available for $4, starting Tuesday.
· Dino has 2 for 1 drinks and free dessert with dinner for federal employees; members of Congress excluded.
· 2941 is offering The American, a $6 burger, at the bar; no ID needed.