Punches have been enjoying increasing popularity at D.C. area bars for the past few years. Some bars feature a punch drink or two on their cocktail menus. Others take it further and prepare a big bowl of punch for happy hour, or for tables to share. Here are some punch cocktails to sample this fall, as well as places where punch is a priority.
· At Columbia Pike's TNT bar, Todd Thrasher features three punches every day for $4. The flavors change regularly.
· At Room 11, try the Waldorf Punch with Green Hat gin, green tea, lemon, black walnut tincture, and apple and celery bitters. It's $5.
· GBD is all about the punch. The Neighborhood Restaurant Group restaurant serves a rotating happy hour punch for $3 on Tuesdays-Sundays from 4:30-8 p.m., served from a punch bowl at the bar. The menu also has several standard punch cocktails like the Cherry on Top and the Rosie Glow. At brunch, a rotating punch is served either $7 for the jar or $15 bottomless.
· Sister restaurants Teddy & the Bully Bar and Lincoln are known for their punch varieties, which can be ordered for the table. At the former, the Roosevelt Island Punch ($48) serves 2-8. At Lincoln, the Emancipation Punch ($39, serves 2-8) is a popular happy hour choice.
· The new Petworth Citizen has a daily rotating punch for $5.
· Boundary Road offers punch on the weekends during brunch either by the glass ($6) or bottomless ($16). The varieties change depending on what' sin stock — recent versions have incorporated apple cider, Applejack, cinnamon and orange peels.
· Cuba Libre has two punches on the menu right now, including its Paradise Rum punch and a Pisco punch.
· At Oyamel, the La Rosa Ponche features St. Germain and coriander-inflused honey.
· Zaytinya's Athena's punch, with vodka and cucumber, is one of its most popular drinks.
· Cava's new mixologist Glendon Hartley has been incorporating punch drinks into daily specials for occasions like Halloween. On the regular menu is a Juniper Punch with blueberry and spiced syrup, and the TI Punch with clement rum.
· The NoPa punch at Nopa Kitchen + Bar is spiked with brandy and brown sugar, and served warm.
· You can always find a house punch behind the bar at Eddy Bar at Hank's on the Hill. It's $5 during happy hour.
· Farmers Fishers Bakers is featuring Tiki Punches at the bar right now.
· Tom's Rum Punch is one of the most reliable drinks on Hogo's tiki-inspired menu.
· Range has three house punches on the menu right now, which come bottled and served tableside: the Formerly Southern, the Serpentine Overtone and the Revoked Celebrity.
· Rasika's Passion Fruit Punch has pomegranate molasses and rose syrup.
· Ris has several punches on its fall drinks menu, including a French Quarter Swizzle with bourbon and the Fall Back, a maple rum punch martini.
· Brasserie Beck's Portly Punch has armagnac and spiced rum.
· Jaleo's Picon Punch is $9, with Amer Picon as its base ingredient.
· Ceiba's Pisco 49er Punch is garnished with pineapple
· Ask Rogue 24's Bryan Tetorakis to make you his boozy Cider Cup, with apple brandy and maraschino liqueur.
· All Cocktail Week 2013 Coverage [-EDC-]