Time to freak out — it's snowing. During winter. Since it's the first (pseudo) substantial snow day of the season, some restaurants are closing and others are offering thematic specials. Here's the rundown; Eater will update this post throughout the day with any new info, so feel free to send a note to the tipline.
· It's all day happy hour at Osteria Morini. They'll have seven different bar bites for $7 from 11:30 until close, as well as $5 beers.
· Righteous Cheese is serving up some gooey raclette in honor of the cold weather.
· Cork Market is offering a Snowclosure Sandwich Special: any sandwich, bag of chips and flavored Pelligrino for $10.
· Bearnaise is offering French onion soup au gratin and a glass of wine for $10 today.
· Shaw's Tavern is offering one free mimosa per person from 11-3, half price burgers from 5 p.m. on and 2 for 1 drafts from 7 p.m. on (after happy hour).
· Ovvio Osteria has half-priced Margherita pizzas, dine-in or carry-out.
· Nopa Kitchen + Bar is offering all-day happy hour, including 20 percent off bar beverages (might be a good day to try out one of their scotches).
· Willow has an $8 Willow BBQ Burger at the bar all day.
· Central is offering an $8 mulled wine special.
· Quench is offering all day happy hour.
· The Red Hook Lobster Truck is offering free hot cider with a lobster roll.
· At the DC Piola, buy any pizza and beer and get a second beer for $1.
· Order a lunch special (grilled lamb wrap or gingered carrot-coconut soup) and get a hot chocolate for $2 at Food, Wine & Co.
· Bullfeathers has $5 Breck Brew Vanilla Porter, as well as hot toddies, Irish coffees and Bloody Marys for $3. There are $3 Bud Lights, Shock Top and Bullfeathers Amber all day as well.
· At Al Dente, it's half priced pizza all day at the bar and high top tables.
· The Source is offering half price dumplings and $10 specialty cocktails all day in the lounge.
· Kids eat free today at Pizzeria Orso, and it's buy one pizza, get one free all day.
· Agrodolce in Germantown is extending their normal Tuesday buy one pizza, get one half price deal to also include dine-in customers.
· Osteria Marzano has all day happy hour (they'll do this anytime the government shuts down): it's $4 for beer, wine or rail drinks and $10 for pizza.
· It's half off on hot chocolates at Rosslyn's new Caffe Aficionado.
· The Wine Kitchen in Frederick will be offering happy hour specials during the day.
· It's all day happy hour at DGS Delicatessen.
· All day happy hour at Casa Luca's bar, with complimentary passed specials.
· Vinoteca has all night happy hour and $5 mulled cider.
· BLT Steak has half priced hot cocktails at the bar all day long.
· Jack Rose is pricing all of its hot cocktails at $8 all night long.
· Trummer's on Main is offering half priced bar food from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. tonight.
· Sugo is closed for lunch today.
· DC Empanadas is off the road today.
· The winter beer dinner at Hank's Oyster Bar has been postponed.
· Events at LivingSocial's 918 F St. facility are canceled.
· Big Cheese Truck is taking a snow day.
· Capitol Hill, Clarendon, and Rockville locations of Cava will be closed for lunch.
· Filter Coffee's Foggy Bottom location has closed.
· DC Slices is taking a snow day.
· Chasin' Tails is closing at 8:30 p.m. tonight.