Hot Chefs with Tangential DC Connections: A Slideshow
- Marcus Samuelsson is known for his New York-based restaurants like Red Rooster, but he also designed the opening menu for DC's Howard Theater.
- Food Network mainstay Bobby Flay has opened several of his Bobby's Burger Palace restaurants in the DC area.
- She doesn't have a restaurant now, but Carla Hall of "The Chew" is all DC - or at least, Wheaton.
- Unlikely sex symbol Anthony Bourdain's connection is a bit of a stretch. He used to be the chef at Les Halles, and Les Halles used to be in DC (it's now Del Frisco's Grille).
- Remember Olives? That's the Todd English restaurant that was replaced by P.J. Clarke's.
- Susur Lee designed the menu for DC's Zentan restaurant.
- Eric Ripert had a DC base until very recently. But WestEnd Bistro by Eric Ripert is now simply WestEnd Bistro.
- "Top Chef" winner Michael Voltaggio is Bryan Voltaggio's brother so that totally counts, right?
- Ok, he's not the youngest chef around, but Wolfgang Puck has charisma - and he's also the name behind DC's The Source.