Looks like Fabio Trabocchi's Casa Luca will open even sooner than his planned Fiola Mare restaurant in Georgetown.
Tom Sietsema broke news of the restaurant last Friday, and the chef put out a press release today talking more about the menu and design of Casa Luca, which will be located in the former Againn space downtown. Here are a few things to expect from the restaurant named for Trabocchi's nine year old son.
· Casa Luca will be casual, with 130 seats, and is going for a tavern feel. Some of its artistic touches will include hand-blown glass lamps from Mallorca's producer Gordiola and hand-printed textiles.
· The restaurant will "feature the traditional, authentic and affordable cooking" of Italy's Le Marche region. Look for cheese and charcuterie, flatbreads, homemade pastas, and grilled meats and fish.
· Some of the menu items include mussels marinara, monkfish with baby artichokes and a Braciole-inspired pork chop. There will be rotating daily specials as well.
· The bar will serve wine on tap, 20 lower-priced wines for $28 per bottle, and aperitifs and liquors.
· All Previous Casa Luca Coverage [-EDC-]
[Photo: Againn DC]