Matchbox Mosaic District Construction Tour
- Matchbox’s Executive Chef Jacob Hunter will helm the kitchen for Matchbox Merrifield’s launch.
- A 10-seat bar overlooks the pizza ovens, which were built brick by brick by Matchbox’s oven consultant Pat Manley. The ovens are always the first item to be constructed at any Matchbox restaurant.
- The Barrel Room will seat 60 to 80 diners and offers a catering menu for private parties.
- Accents in the Barrel Room include handcut bricks, reclaimed wood, and wine coolers.
- The bar will spotlight Virginia breweries and feature wine on tap.
- The last two booths will feature a prime view of the semi-open kitchen.
- The signature Matchbox dining cube, in construction.
- Take-out orders will have their own designated to-go area near the bar.