Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) H Street: It's been forever since Sol Mexican Grill announced plans for H Street. Now, Frozen Tropics picks up a Tweet showing a picture of the location. "Almost ready!" says the restaurant, which also operates a popular food truck. [POST-PLYWOOD]
2) Shaw: Tapas and Mediterranean fare is what people can expect from the upcoming Dunya, headed to 801 Florida Ave, NW, PoPville reports. [PLYWOOD]
3) H Street: In other food-truck-to-restaurant news, there's the Chupacabra brick and mortar; the owner confirms to Frozen Tropics that a location is on the way to 822 H Street NE. [PLYWOOD]
4) Ballston: Well, here's one new addition for the soon-to-be-renovated Ballston Mall; ARLNOW reports it is getting a Tropical Smoothie Cafe. [PLYWOOD]
5) Petworth: So that new restaurant from the Blaguard folks? PoPville says it's going to be called Homestead and open this fall. [PLYWOOD]
6) Adams Morgan: More doner? More doner. Next for 2418 18th Street, NW: Kabob Doner and More, PoPville says. [PLYWOOD]
7) 14th Street: What WBJ believes to be La Fonda, a restaurant from the Dupont Italian Kitchen owner coming to 2100 14th St. NW, has revised its occupancy permit. [WBJ]