Looks like it actually snowed after all — and in some parts of the area, it's continuing to do so. This late season scattering of flakes is being called the Snowquester, and many bars and restaurants are hoping for some extra business, due to school and government closings. Eater will be updating this post throughout the day with fun snow-related specials and with those restaurants which haven't been able to get open today. Send any closures or specials to the tipline.
Filter Foggy Bottom
Pitango Gelato (except Logan Circle and Fells Point)
Taylor Gourmet Dupont Circle. Bethesda will close at 2:30.
Pepe Food Truck
Quench (though they may reconsider for dinner)
Rappahannock Oyster Bar
Merrifield and Tysons Corner Cava Grill (at 3)
Doener Bistro Leesburg
All events at LivingSocial's 918 F St. facility are canceled
Sushi Taro is open for lunch, but considering closing for dinner
· P.O.V. introduced a Sleeperhold hot cocktail ($18) with pear cider, spices, citrus and wild mint chamomile foam. For those looking for something cheaper, there's $7 beers and $11 wines
· P.J. Clarkes: Beers on tap are $5.75 to $7; there's an Irish coffee for $14
· Radius Pizza is open all day with food and drink specials for a "snowball party"
· If it snows more than five inches, Z-Burger will offer five cent burgers. Update: Owner at Tenleytown says it's close enough for him.
· Kangaroo Boxing Club plans to open early with specials. Full menu available beginning at 11 a.m.
· Mussel Bar has happy hour all day, with $1 Oysters, $2 restro cans,$5.50 rail drinks and draft discounts
· It's Happy Hour all day at Tortilla Coast
· The Daily Dish in Silver Spring has Snake Dog and Old Scratch Happy Hour all day long
· Meridian Pint is open for brunch
· Port City Brewing Company is having a snow day party in its Tasting Room today. The brewery will open at noon and let customers check out the bottling run. They'll be selling cases of Tartan Ale, the spring seasonal, straight off the line.
· TaKorean at Union Market is offering 3 TaKos for $7.
· DC Reynolds has its BOGO happy hour, along with fisherman's stew on the menu
· Happy Hour starts at 11:30 at the Clarendon Cava, with $3 mini gyros and lamb sliders
· Half priced bottles of wine all day at DGS Delicatessen
· Half priced bottles of wine all day at Zaytinya
· Lots of specials over at Dino: Wine Madness (a third off bottles over $50), $5 house cocktails, $3 off wine by the glass, cocktails, antipasti and beers all night long.
· Shakes are buy one get one free at DC locations of BGR: The Burger Joint
· Happy Hour starts at 2 p.m. at Liberty Tavern in Arlington
· At Peacock Cafe, say, "Love Peacock" and it's buy one, get one mimosa or bloody mary. They're also doing half off wine bottles with the purchase of an entree.
· Happy Hour at The Board Room starts at noon
· It's half-priced burgers and mushroom burgers at Looking Glass Lounge
· All day happy hour over at Scion, with half priced Drafts, $5 Wines, and $4 rails.
#183; $5 margaritas all day at Crios
#183; Mad Fox over in Falls Church is offering $10 Guest Barleywine Growler Fills and an open faced Chilimac burger special
#183; It's $3 beer night over at Mayfair and Pine
· At Time Out Wings in Herndon, it's a free coffee and cup of soup for plow drivers and first responders
· Sixth Engine will open at 2 p.m. and start happy hour specials immediately
· Tonic at Quigley's will offer $3 Curious Traveler Shandy's as "a toast to the warmer days ahead," according to a rep. Normal happy hour specials begin at 4.
· Bar Pilar is offering warm cocktails on special and happy hour all night long. Sister restaurant Cafe Saint-Ex also will have all-night happy hour, as well as bar food specials.
· It's all night happy hour at Masa 14, including discounted margaritas.
· Whisper "snow day" at Sprinkles, and it's buy one cupcake, get one free.
· It's Happy Hour all day long at Freddie's Lobster
· Taberna Del Alabardero is offering a Churro con Chocolate with a $20 purchase or higher.
· Half price burgers tonight at Liberty Tree
· Al Dente will offer Happy Hour all night, with half priced pizza, discounted beer, cocktails and wine, and half priced bombolini. It all starts at 4.
· No karaoke tonight at Policy, but it's happy hour all night there.
· At Cedar, bar manager Matt Perkins' The Snowflake cocktail, made with white cranberry juice and Prosecco, will be priced at $5 for a Snow Day Special. Happy Hour starts at 4; dinner at 5.
Correction: Pleasant Pops is not offering a latte special.