Congratulations to 15 of the most impressive up-and-comers in the restaurant industry, nationwide. They're the Eater Young Guns, Class of 2013. These are the junior statesmen of the culinary world who have most distinguished themselves this year, and who are its next stars. And they include a representative from the D.C. area — here's to Jeremy Hoffman of Restaurant Eve.
The class of 15 is comprised of four women and 11 men; seven chefs, three beverage pros, two pastry chefs, and three front-of-house leaders. The youngest on the list just turned 25 (Jayce McConnell). The oldest, with just four years in the business, is 38 (Ryan Lachaine). They represent myriad styles and 15 cities: Austin, Boston, Alexandria, Houston, Nashville, Chicago, Charleston, Oxford, Madison, Seattle, New York, Houston, Los Angeles, and the areas outside San Francisco and Minneapolis.
The Eater Young Guns Class of 2013 will be celebrated at a gala event in Los Angeles on Monday, June 24. Young Guns Eve, a public tasting event featuring many of the winning chefs, goes down the night before on June 23. Tickets are still available.
The entire class of Young Guns are as follows:
· Shion Aikawa, Director of Operations, Ramen Tatsu-Ya, Austin, TX
· Mike Brown, Chef/Co-owner, Travail and Pig Ate My Pizza, Robbinsdale, MN
· Alyssa DiPasquale, Manager and Advanced Sake Professional, O Ya, Boston, MA
· Jeremy Hoffman, Chef de Cuisine, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
· Ryan Lachaine, Sous Chef, Underbelly, Houston, TX
· Matt Lackey, Executive Chef, Flyte World Dining and Wine, Nashville, TN
· Jessica Largey, Chef de Cuisine, Manresa, Los Gatos, CA
· Mitch Lienhard, Sous Chef, Grace, Chicago, IL
· Jayce McConnell, Bar Program Manager, Snackbar, Oxford, MS
· Brooks Reitz, General Manager, The Ordinary, Charleston, SC
· Alissa Rozos, Pastry Chef, St. Jack, Portland, OR
· Hourie Sahakian, Pastry Chef, Short Cake, Los Angeles, CA
· Mark Schieber, Cook and Kitchen Manager, Forequarter, Madison, WI
· Henri Schock, Proprietor and Wine Director, Bottlehouse, Seattle, WA
· Jason Wang, President, Xi'an Famous Foods, New York, NY
Please head over to Eater National to learn more about the winners, as well as hear what Hoffman's colleagues have to say about him. The final 15 were chosen from an impressive roster of semi-finalists. Thanks to all of those who submitted nominations.
· The Eater Young Guns Class of 2013 REVEALED [-EN-]
· All Eater Young Guns Coverage [-EDC-]
[Photo: Restaurant Eve]