"Discoteque meets après-ski chalet" isn't a typical D.C. venue description, but that's what Kabin, the nightclub opening at 1337 Connecticut Ave. NW, is going for. Here are a few things to know about the concept, opening June 29.
· The owners are Kunal Shah, Vinoda Basnayake, Dustin Huynh and Rajeev Subramanian; Shah and Basnayake used to own Eden nightclub and currently own Karma by Erwin Gomez, a salon.
· The lounge seats 252 people and is more than 3,000 square feet in size. The vibe is to bring the feel of the French Alps or Aspen to D.C.
· Kabin will serve cocktails and the "Three Pins shot," an herbal liqueur that will mimic the kind of shot skiers consume to warm up after hitting the slopes.
· The space was designed by Brien Z. Watson of Invironment Design LLC and has a 70s feel. There are bronze and steel accents, charred wood and marble touches and leather furnishings. There's a mirrored ceiling, and VIP areas.
· All Previous Coverage of Kabin [-EDC-]