It's cold. Polar Vortex cold. Naturally, it wouldn't be a weather event in D.C. without restaurants and bars getting in on the action with various specials. Here are a few; Eater will update with any others throughout the day.
· As featured in Dealfeed, Mari Vanna is offering free shots of vodka before 7 p.m.
· Whole Foods Georgetown has free coffee and tea all day; Foggy Bottom has it until noon (via WTOP).
· Dino is offering free lentil soup until supplies run out.
· California Tortilla will actually pay customers 10 cents to eat an order of queso.
· Sonoma Restaurant is offering $6 Jameson and ginger drinks and selling hot tomato soup.
· Redwood has a $10 lunch special of lamb chili and chai spiked cider in the lounge.
· The first 25 customers at Cupcake Blvd. to whisper "Hot Chocolate Please" get a free one.
· Get chestnut soup and a glass of wine at Bearnaise for $10.
· Alba Osteria is offering half priced pizza all day at the bar.
· Cashion's Eat Place will take up to $20 off the bill of any customer who uses Uber, car or taxi to get there.
· Westend Bistro has a Sweet Heart Warmer Shot for $6 (normally $10) and a Hot Apple Cider Manhattan for $8 (normally $15).
· It's 20 percent off tonight in the dining room at Sushi Taro.
· Chez Billy is offering $5 cocktails, $10 house blend toddies and $7 soup during happy hour.
· THe Brixton's happy hour will feature $6 wines, $5 rails, $5 draught, $4 Bud Lites, and $5 Absolut and Smirnoff flavors
· P.J. Clarke's has $5 Irish coffee all day, plus $5 martinis and $2.50 miniburgers until 7.
· It's free Harikarioke (no cover) at the Hamilton tonight.