1) Alexandria: A wood-fired pizza restaurant is trying to get a permit for construction near the Braddock Road metro stop, according to Patch. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Dupont Circle: McClellan's Retreat, the bar replacing Veritas, is aiming for a November opening, according to PoPville. [PLYWOOD]
3) Gainesville: Promenade at Virginia Gateway project has updates on some new additions to that development. The Trummer's Coffee & Wine Bar coming to the location is aiming for a December opening. And an Uncle Julio's Rio Grande will open there next summer. [PLYWOOD]
4) Mount Vernon Triangle: Will a Ray's location ultimately end up at CityVista? It's still an unknown, but PoPville notices the permit for the location now reads in the City." [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) Dupont Circle: A Japanese restaurant called Nagomi Izakaya will head to the former TakEatEasy space, PoPville reports. [PLYWOOD]
6) Arlington: Village Sweet Bakery will open at 5872 Washington Blvd., ARLNOW reports. [PLYWOOD]
7) Cleveland Park: Coppi's Organic will, in fact, reopen, according to PoPville. It's taking the former Lavandou space. The Italian restaurant used to be a favorite for the U Street area. [PLYWOOD]
Editor's Note: There is not a cupcake place coming to the Promenade.