Several restaurants are offering specials throughout the day, giving deals to both veterans and the general public (many of whom have the day off today).
· 45 restaurants in Alexandria banded together to offer discounts of 10 percent to 20 percent for veterans, including RedRocks, Evening Star Cafe, Southside 815, Jackson 20 and Austin Grill. See the full list here at the Alexandria Honors Veterans Week official Site.
· Ventnor Sports Cafe is partnering with Yuengling Beer to serve all veterans free lager from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. tonight. Per usual, find half-priced burgers at the downstairs bar and the trivia night will go on, as usual at 8:30. p.m.
· Policy is offering a complimentary happy hour cocktail all night to those who show their military ID.
· Capriotti's Sandwich Shop will give a free bag of chips and soda with the purchase of a sub for those who show their military ID.
· BLT Steak will offer a special restaurant discount for veterans and active military members. Any veteran or member of active military who visits BLT Steak on Veterans Day will receive a 50% discount for parties of two or less, or a 25% discount for parties of three or more off of the total check, with military ID.
· GCDC will give free grilled cheese sandwiches to veterans and active duty US military members from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. GCDC will only be open for lunch, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Mission BBQ will serve complimentary turkey, pork, and brisket sandwiches to all veterans and active military all day, in addition to free slices of cake while supplies last.
· Zaika in Clarendon will offer a 40 percent discount for individuals with a military ID. This special pricing applies exclusively to food, and cannot be combined with any other promotion during lunch and dinner service.
· Silo is serving brunch today for Veterans Day.
· Fiola will run a Veterans Day lunch special at the bar and in the lounge until 4 p.m.
· Shaw's Tavern's Veterans Day lunch will offer free bottomless mimosas to vets and active duty service members from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The bottomless mimosas are $14 for everyone else.
· Good Stuff Eatery in D.C. is donating 20% of sales today to Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS).
· Glory Days Grill will offer either one free appetizer or a free regular order of boneless or traditional wings to veterans with a military ID.