The Partisan, Neighborhood Restaurant Group's new meat-focused restaurant located within Red Apron Penn Quarter, opens its doors today. Here are some fun stats about the restaurant from Nathan Anda and Ed Witt:
· 100: That's the total number of seats in the restaurant. There are 42 in the back bar area.
· 400: The wine list has that many choices, with 25 wines on tap (12 red, 12 white and one sparkling), part of a total of 50 wines available by the glass. Eight of those are poured using the Napa Technology System, which controls temperature and means the restaurant can offer older and nicer wines by the glass rather than by the bottle. There are four Lambruscos, with more to come; wine director Brent Kroll suggests customers try his favorite, the Becco Rosso from Grasparossa Emilia Romagna, Italy.
· Seven: That's how many sour beers will be on draft (with 16 drafts total). The restaurant has 50 canned and bottled beers available as well. Beer Director Greg Engert believes tart and funky beers lend themselves to beef and other meaty dishes. Saisons are also a focus.
· Four: That's how many spirits the restaurant has on tap, including Willett Pot Still Bourbon, Michters Rye, Amaro Nonino and Bittermen's Bäska Snaps Malort. There are 10 cocktails, all named after punk rock songs, courtesy of Jeff Faile (Cool Confusion, for example). This is the first time all three of Neighborhood Restaurant Group's beverage directors have been able to collaborate on an opening.
· 120: That's how many days the restaurant's carpaccio is dry-aged.
· 30: The number of charcuterie items they'll be featuring. Instead of grouping the meats by type, they're listing them by flavor categories, much as Engert tends to do with his beers.
· $5-75 That's the price range on pig-related menu items (from pork rinds to a roasted pig head). The menu is divided up by animal, and there are dishes in a number of different portion sizes. The "Tomahawk" bone-in ribeye weighs a whopping three pounds.
· 8-10 pounds: That's how much leaf lard that pastry chef Tiffany MacIsaac goes through each week to make her Oreo macaron filling, scones and deep fried apple pie crust. They also go through 3 pounds of bacon a week making the bacon caramel sauce for the deep fried apple pie crust.
· 1 shot: That's how much Fernet Branca goes into the Fernet float, which features beer, lime zest, Fernet Branca ice cream and ginger molasses cookies.
· All Previous Coverage of The Partisan [-EDC-]
Charcuterie at The Partisan [Photo: Facebook]