STK is almost here. The steakhouse chain bound for Connecticut Ave. NW in Dupont Circle, revealed some more details about their local plans in a press release this afternoon.
· Their latest announcement predicts a spring opening, but a rep tells Eater they're aiming for April.
· Nowhere in the press release is the phrase "female-friendly steakhouse" used, so looks like the company is toning down their marketing on that front (though there are still going to be cocktails like the Not Your Daddy's Manhattan, featuring port, and the Cucumber Stiletto).
· There will be DJs at night (playing tunes from the 70s, 80s and 90s) and a happy hour menu. Lunch will come eventually, but the initial focus will be dinner.
· Cuts of meat will be available in small, medium and large sizes, ranging from a 6 oz filet mignon to a 34 oz Cowboy Rib Steak.
· Beyond the steak, some of the menu items include "shrimp rice krispies," parmesan truffle fries, a crabcake salad and foie gras French toast (time to update Eater's Foie-diculous guide?).
· STK DC [Facebook]
· All Previous STK Coverage [-EDC-]
[Photo: STK Las Vegas]