As the opening of Macon Bistro & Larder draws closer (latest estimate: May 10), more details are emerging about the Chevy Chase restaurant. Here are some takeaways:
· The restaurant is a nod to both Macon, France and Macon, Georgia. That means menu items like pork rillettes, raclette, fried chicken, boiled peanuts and a French-leaning wine list. Here's an early menu.
· Chef Tony Brown (a native of the Georgia Macon) has worked at such restaurants as Union Square Cafe in New York and Square One in San Francisco. He also ran D.C. Mexican chain The Burro. Michael Matis will serve as his chef de cuisine.
· The restaurant will sell prepared foods like homemade caramels, pickles, biscuits and snacks, as well as prepared entrees. They're looking to be "mid-priced" (entrees range from $17-$24).
· Macon Bistro & Larder [Official Site]
· All Previous Macon Coverage [-EDC-]