Welcome to the Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send us a note at email@example.com.
1) Brookland: Here's an update on restaurant Brookland's Finest. Elevation DC and finds out they're about a month away from opening. There will be a coffee bar and a comfort food menu from chef Shannan Troncoso. [PLYWOOD]
2) Dupont Circle: Coming soon, via PoPville, to Connecticut Ave. NW: Willie T's Lobster Shack. Signage up at the space next to Kramerbooks. [PLYWOOD]
3) Shaw: No details yet, but PoPville brings word that a still-unnamed cafe will open at the corner of Marion and P Sts. NW in Shaw. [PLYWOOD]
4) Oxon Hill: Small restaurant chain Redstone American Grill is bound for National Harbor. Washington Business Journal reports it will be the first restaurant to open at 155 National Plaza, likely in early May. [PLYWOOD]
5) Shaw: Get ready for Brick Oven Pizza and Tavern, bound for 637 Florida Ave. NW. PoPville says there will be seating for about 150 people at the new spot. [PLYWOOD]
Redstone American Grill [Rendering: National Harbor/Wilkus Architects]